Monday, June 1, 2009

Funny People

I honestly haven't been excited about an Adam Sandler movie since Punch Drunk Love came out back in 2002. That movie came out and it really showed me how incredible of an actor this goofball can be. It kind of ruined the shtick he had going for so long with movies like Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, and The Waterboy. So when he returned to making movies like that, I did not return to the theaters. Even his subsequent attempts at serious acting failed to grasp my attention (Spanglish, Reign on Me, I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry). Paul Thomas Anderson captured Adam Sandler at his absolute best. It kind of made me feel the way I did when I first saw Bill Murray in a similar type of situation, silly comedian turns comically serious. Not that Adam Sandler is anywhere near as talented and amazing as Mr. Murray, but for a moment there I did see a glimpse of hope.

Anyhow, now he's back with Judd Apatow's Funny People, which has an absurdly good cast including Seth Rogan, Jason Schwartzman, Jonah Hill, and Aziz Ansari. Needless to say, just thinking about this movie gives me a little bit of a boner.

Speaking of Aziz Ansari, has anyone seen Parks and Recreation yet? If so, is it any good? I want to love it, but haven't turned on my TV in a while... let me know what the deal is, yo.

Anyhow, here's the trailer:

1 comment:

  1. i saw two episodes of parks and rec. ansari is AWESOME in it. but i haven't seen the rest of it. i am not a good tv watcher. maybe when it comes out on dvd!

    ReplyDelete