Thursday, April 2, 2009

Video Genius: Eric Wareheim

I'd like to do a full post on this guy because he really deserves it, but alas, I'm currently on the road and only able to post what I can when I do actually find a Wi-Fi spot (not sure if this should count as a "Video Genius" post since I'm not really get too into detail...). This post was actually supposed to be up about a week and half ago, when the first video you're about to see actually debuted. Anyhow, so I hope you can make do with little I write about Eric Wareheim.

All you really need to know about Eric is that he's the "Eric" from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! Which is one of the funniest shows on televisions. Anyone who has seen this show knows that it's wacky, it's pretty out there and is constantly pushing the boundaries of what could actually be considered comedy. There's a lot of really tense, awkward moments usually filmed with a Public Access TV aesthetic. "She's Got Me Dancing" by Tommy Sparks looks like it's actually got quite a higher budget than some of Wareheim's other videos. I'm not actually a fan of this song, it's alright, but it sounds like a carbon copy of Franz Ferdinand. I just think this video is hilarious, and completely befitting of Wareheim's style:



Tommy Sparks "She's Got Me Dancing" from Eric Wareheim on Vimeo.
Tommy Sparks - "She's Got Me Dancing"

This video by The Bird and the Bee came out last year and features the same dancer as in the previous video. I saw this on Subterranean and almost pooped a little in my pants when I saw Eric Wareheim as the director... I had never seen any of his music videos before and, well... I fell in love.


The Bird and the Bee - Polite Dance Song from Eric Wareheim on Vimeo.

The Bird and the Bee - "Polite Dance Song"

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment