Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Royal Tenenbaums


My favorite movie is The Royal Tenenbaums by Wes Anderson. Today I watched it with the commentary on, which I've done before, but is something that I always find to be a bit difficult because the movie has so many great scenes filled with great dialogue that I don't like missing. So I came up with a remedy. I watched the movie with the commentary on, but turned it off during my favorite scenes and watched them sans commentary, then rewound to the beginning of those scenes and turned the commentary back on. So all in all, it took about three hours or so to watch a 110 minute movie.

Anyhow. Another thing that I really like is capturing screen-shots from movies or TV shows. It's something that I've been kind of obsessively doing these past few months. I'm working on gathering them all up into different sets. So if I have time next week I'll start posting some of them. For now, there's the one at the top of this page from The Royal Tenenbaums, which is quite possibly my favorite moment in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment