Friday, May 8, 2009

Bill Callahan



When I was in Chapel Hill, NC I went to a venue called the Local 506. We got there early, around 5ish or so, so that we could load in, sound check and go get our eat on. Anyhow, I couldn't help but notice the music playing. It sounded somewhat familiar (having been introduced to Smog by a friend recently). Anyhow, all I know is that it was good. So I went up and asked the bartender what he was listening to, turned out to be the new Bill Callahan record, Sometime I Wish We Were An Eagle. I went out and got it that night. I've been listening to it a bunch lately, it's got a really great song on it called Too Many Birds. I think my favorite part of the album is when he says,

If
If you
If you could
If you could only
If you could only stop
If you could only stop your
If you could only stop your heart
If you could only stop your heartbeat
If you could only stop your heartbeat for
If you could only stop your heartbeat for one
If you could only stop your heartbeat for one heart
If you could only stop your heartbeat for one heartbeat


Anyhow, here's the song:
Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

1 comment:

  1. amazing song. i'd like to get this album from you if possible - tawny

    ReplyDelete